Garver Events seeks a hard-working, motivated, and capable candidate to join our team as Kitchen Lead. Garver Events inside the newly renovated Garver Feed Mill has a fast paced, fun & motivating culture, where initiative, reliability, and proactivity are highly valued. The Kitchen Lead is essential in preparing and cooking food in accordance with applicable federal, state and restaurant standards, guidelines and regulations. They ensure quality food service is provided at all times. This role will assist in a multi-faceted organization that provides everything from four course private dinners, casual bar snacks, and caters large and small custom events. This position will be initially expected to work 25-35 hours a week Wednesday-Sunday. Potential growth to full-time for the right candidate comes with insurance beneﬁts and paid time off.
Essential job functions:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares items for service, meeting high standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive.
- Strong and professional communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, and in team settings at a high level of efﬁciency
- Cleans area during and after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Works with a high value on safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in food service is mandatory, preferably in multiple areas of hospitality
- Knowledge of local and national food safety standards. ServSafe certiﬁcate is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with basic computer skills, such as email, and creating or reviewing documents on Google drive
- Ability to lift and carry 50# to above waist level, be on feet for at eight + hours and potentially walk up to two miles during a shift
- Must be able to maintain a fast pace in stressful situations in a calm and efﬁcient manner.
If you have what it takes to be successful in the role of Kitchen Lead and the desire to help shape Garver Event’s future, we look forward to connecting with you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to apply.
Seeking a part-time bartender for the newly opened Garver Lounge and seasonal patio to craft cocktails and serve lounge and patio guests 15 - 25 hours per week. Opportunity for growth to a full time position with benefits for the right candidate if desired. Reliability and great customer service skills a must. A minimum of 1 year bartending experience preferred. Saturday availability required. Daytime and evening shifts available. $10-$15 per hour based on experience, plus tips. Dental and vision insurance available to all employees. Health insurance and paid vacation available to full-time employees. Flexible scheduling, laid-back environment in the coolest of spaces.
Email email@example.com with resume and brief cover letter to apply.
Garver Events does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.