Garver Events operates the various event spaces at Garver Feed Mill as well as the Garver Lounge, Garver Kitchen, and Canvas. The team plans and executes a wide array of private events in six unique spaces, and the public and community programming is just as varied. This big, breathtaking blank canvas requires a creative and experienced team to transform Garver Feed Mill into a unique experience for a variety of clients, performers, audiences, and artists. Dedication to locally-sourced food, beverage, and talent, sustainability, community outreach, and high-quality customer service are keystones in the Garver Events ethos.
Join our team!
Garver Events seeks a hard-working, motivated, and capable candidate to join our team as Kitchen Lead. Garver Events inside the newly renovated Garver Feed Mill has a fast paced, fun & motivating culture, where initiative, reliability, and proactivity are highly valued. The Kitchen Lead is essential in preparing and cooking food in accordance with applicable federal, state and restaurant standards, guidelines and regulations. They ensure quality food service is provided at all times. This role will assist in a multi-faceted organization that provides everything from four course private dinners, casual bar snacks, and caters large and small custom events. This position will be initially expected to work 25-35 hours a week Wednesday-Sunday. Potential growth to full-time for the right candidate comes with insurance beneﬁts and paid time off.
Essential job functions:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares items for service, meeting high standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive.
- Strong and professional communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, and in team settings at a high level of efﬁciency
- Cleans area during and after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Works with a high value on safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in food service is mandatory, preferably in multiple areas of hospitality
- Knowledge of local and national food safety standards. ServSafe certiﬁcate is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with basic computer skills, such as email, and creating or reviewing documents on Google drive
- Ability to lift and carry 50# to above waist level, be on feet for at eight + hours and potentially walk up to two miles during a shift
- Must be able to maintain a fast pace in stressful situations in a calm and efﬁcient manner.
If you have what it takes to be successful in the role of Kitchen Lead and the desire to help shape Garver Event’s future, we look forward to connecting with you!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to apply.
Seeking a part-time bartender for the newly opened Garver Lounge and seasonal patio to craft cocktails and serve lounge and patio guests 15 - 25 hours per week. Opportunity for growth to a full time position with benefits for the right candidate if desired. Reliability and great customer service skills a must. A minimum of 1 year bartending experience preferred. Saturday availability required. Daytime and evening shifts available. $10-$15 per hour based on experience, plus tips. Dental and vision insurance available to all employees. Health insurance and paid vacation available to full-time employees. Flexible scheduling, laid-back environment in the coolest of spaces.
Email email@example.com with resume and brief cover letter to apply.
Servers are responsible for the proper set up and take down of events, assisting with food and beverage service, and ensuring that each guests' needs are attended to. The servers’ duties can vary greatly depending on each individual event booked. Candidates must be detail orientated, friendly, and have the ability to stand for long periods of time. Weekend availability is required.
Essential job functions:
- Set up for events which may include tasks such as putting out tablecloths, positioning place settings, arranging tables and chairs, setting up a buffet, and other tasks as assigned.
- Serve food and beverages.
- Have knowledge of menu items and be able to explain them.
- Provide table service as instructed for each event.
- Perform cleaning tasks and assist in the breakdown of events.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards.
- Previous waitress, waiter or banquet server experience is not necessary.
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Great attitude and positive outlook.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Possess a dedication to teamwork.
Physical Demands and Abilities:
- Frequently walking (possibly extended distances) and standing at times.
- Ability to bend and climb stairs when necessary.
- Frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume to apply.
Join the Garver Events team today and experience what it’s like to work in an iconic Madison landmark that boasts agricultural and industrial heritage pertinent to Wisconsin’s narrative. The Garver Feed Mill is a turn-of-the-century building located on Madison’s East Side that is home to a collection of producers, artisan food makers, wellness studios and hospitality providers. The building has public and private event spaces available for gatherings of all sizes. Complete with in-house catering and personalized event coordination, Garver Events handles all aspects of an event. Do not miss this opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic team of professionals in a growing organization.
Garver Events does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political aﬃliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.